Monday Miniatures: Hellhound
This week’s model is an absolute classic. Not only was it a joy to paint, but a the amount of different color schemes that people came up with were quite impressive. Arcane Factories – Some interesting ideas, but until I see more than sketches and renders, I’m going to have to pass. Also – why a project of this size needs a dozen people to staff it – I have no idea. This week I went with a traditional color scheme, and it turned out pretty well. My one regret is that I didn’t make the body a touch lighter for more shading possibilities. Tina went the same direction I did, but the base really adds to the fiery effect. Tina, have you considered a quick matt cote to take some of that shine off? Arjen didn’t quite get the chance to finish this week, but their color scheme might be my favorite. It’s very resident evil. I love the musculature and blending. Dirk finished a hound in a very similar color scheme, but I think the molten core of his hound is worthy of special note. Dirk – is that white glow photoshop enhanced, or all brushwork? This week Antonia chose to take the mini in a differant direction entirely, tying it in to an ongoing tabletop game she is playing. Little details like the tufted tail really set it apart, though I think my favorite detail is the careful dappling.
And then Clint sent us this monstrosity. He says it’s very rushed.
Undead Horde – a consistent theme I’ve seen in recent posts is just how long these mini’s are taking people to paint. This week let’s take a crack at all the skeletons we have stacked up. Base coat. Shade. Dry brush. Highlight. Try to get your technique down to less than half an hour a mini and see if you can knock out at least three of these little guys (we were shipped six.) – Send pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5/11/14 at 9pm.
Terrain – We’ve been showing off lots of miniatures these last few months, but you need some terrain too play with them. Show us all what you’re working on.
Ape-X – one of the last big models left in the Vampire package.